Week 6: AIA Vitality is #BetterByBicycle

Most of the time that I'm on bike, I needed to be somewhere. Be it work, grocery, market, restaurant or bank, anywhere else that I have business. I mean that's the whole point of transport or utility cycling, being somewhere you needed to be. But the truth is I don't always have to be somewhere, sometimes I ride the bike without any particular destination, I just needed to work out. That might come as a surprise if you know me because I'm not really an exercisey or a fitness buff kind of person. I only work out to complete my wellness app's weekly fitness challenge. This wellness app is called AIA Vitality.


Now full disclosure here, I sideline as an insurance agent for AIA Philippines. Three years ago, at the height of the pandemic, there was a downpour of crowd funding posts in my Facebook feed. So many people are getting hospitalized and a lot of them struggled financially to keep up with the medical bills. It was a wake up call for me. I thought to myself, if I get seriously ill in the future, asking for financial help was the last thing I have to worry. So I decided to get myself a health insurance policy. I asked my sister to hook me up with an agent, and I was lucky to fall in the right insurer. Because the policy I got doesn't only assure health and death benefits, but it also came with a wellness program that encourages me to follow a healthy lifestyle. That is the AIA Vitality App. In the first year of going through the program, I loved the app so much that I decided to sign up to become an agent for AIA so I can promote and sell it to my family and friends. 

The premise of the app is simple. I go through online and in-person health assessments then I work to improve my health status through exercise, getting enough sleep, eating the right food, getting vaccinated and joining community health activities. In return I will earn points and get rewards for hitting my health goals throughout the year. What I love about this app is that the rewards are very useful for my lifestyle. I get two Ayala cinema vouchers  every week which I use to take my parents to movie theaters. When Inside Out 2 was released last June, I watched it with my nephew for free, I even gave some vouchers to my friends so they can enjoy too. I was able to send my parents on a staycation in Seda Hotels last year for a discounted rate (70% discount!), then I recently booked a flight with Philippine Airlines and got a discount of 77 USD! How about that?

  


I also earn P100.00 a week for my cycling activity. The app is synched to my Strava account so my rides are tracked. I just need to cycle for 30 minutes 5 times a week to get my cash reward. Since I started with the program, I have already earned P17,000.00. See, I just don't save from transportation or gas expenses, I also earn whenever I ride the bike. Cycling is the best! But one of the best thing I've noticed since I got into the habit of hitting my Vitality goals was getting better quality of sleep. I used to have sleeping problems in the past as a result of my lifestyle and overthinking. I also feel that my mental health improved, and I think I owed it to the increase of my cycling activity even when I don't have to go anywhere. 

---------------------------

If you are interested in getting an insurance policy that comes with AIA Vitality, fill out this form and I'll contact you shortly to discuss it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Going to Work/School is #BetterByBicycle

A Personal Challenge

Week 8: Grocery Shopping is #BetterByBicycle